Waste Warriors Society (WWS) can collect information from you in a specific number of ways, such as when you:
- Make a general one-time donation, campaign-specific donation, or subscription-based donation.
- Sign up to any of our ongoing campaigns
- Sign up to stay updated via our email newsletters.
- Contribute or share testimonials when requested by us or of your own free will with the intention of making it publicly available on a variety of print and digital media.
We won’t collect or record your personal information unless you choose to give it to us.
Information Gathering and Use of Personal Information
We use the information you give us in the following ways:
- To make sure we have an accurate record of all the donations we receive.
- Distributing receipts and thanking donors for donations.
- To email you with news and information about WWS and our campaigns, but only if you have agreed to this.
- To make sure you are receiving the most appropriate and relevant information for you.
- To find out more about you and the people who are visiting our website, donating or joining our campaign.
- Internal analysis, such as research and analytics.
- Reporting to applicable government agencies as required by law.
- Surveys, metrics, and other analytical purposes.
- Other purposes related to the fundraising operations.
Anonymous donor information may be used for promotional and fundraising activities. Comments that are provided by donors may be publicly published and may be used in promotional materials. We may use available information to supplement the Donor Data to improve the information we use to drive our fundraising efforts. We may allow donors the option to have their name publicly associated with their donation unless otherwise requested as part of the online donation process. We use data gathered for payment processors and other service providers only for the purposes described in this policy.
Privacy of our email lists
Individuals who join our mailing lists via our website or through our campaigning engagements are added to our email database. We do not sell, rent, loan, trade, or lease the addresses on our lists to anyone.
- Cookies are pieces of electronic information which may be sent by WWS’s WordPress website and Google Analytics when you use our website. These will be placed in your computer’s hard disk and enable us to recognise you as a user when you next visit.
- You can configure your browser so that it responds to cookies the way you deem fit. For example, you want to accept all cookies, reject them all or get notified when a cookie is sent. Please check your browser’s settings to modify cookie behaviour as per your individual behaviour.
Security & Protection of Data
WWS uses well-recognised and proven technology for payments. Payment information is transferred by the use of an SSL connection which offers the highest degree of security that your browser is able to support.
External Web Services
- We use a number of external web services on our site to display content within our web pages. For example, to display videos we use YouTube. As with the social buttons, we cannot prevent these sites, or external domains, from collecting information on your use of the content we embed on our site.
You have certain rights with respect to the information we collect about you. Upon request, we will tell you what information we hold about you and correct any incorrect information. We will also make reasonable efforts to delete your information if you ask us to do so, unless we are otherwise required to keep it.